264 of 286 people found the following review helpful
ok product. works best with samsung tv
, April 14, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase()
This review is from: Samsung HW-F450 2.1 Channel 280-Watt Soundbar (Electronics)
I bought this for my samsung LED smart tv as the sound on it is not good. Here are my impressions
1) You have three ways to connect to this sound bar: using hdmi, optical in or sound share(works only with compatible samsung tvs).
2) There is only one hdmi in/out so you can connect only one device(blue ray/dvd/game console/roku) directly through it. So in most cases, you will end up connecting your devices to TV HDMI ports(which I have 3) and then connect your TV to the sound bar.
3) If you use hdmi port to connect tv to sound bar, then the sound bar will not start when you start the tv automatically. You either have to start it separately using sound bar remote or spend extra money to buy universal remote. If you own latest samsung tvs(ES9000+) I think you can use your tv remote to start the sound bar.
4) If you use optical IN to connect tv to sound bar, you cannot control the volume on sound bar.
5) If you use sound share to connect samsung tv to sound...